Do you want to lead an amazing team of nurses and direct care staff? The Arc of the Ozarks is looking for a Team Manager for our Medically Fragile Team.
In 1959, a small group of parents recognized the need for services for children with developmental disabilities. A support network was built for these children and their families resulting in the 1964 establishment of The Arc.
Today, The Arc serves individuals with a variety of disabilities. Services include residential, education, dual diagnosis, medically fragile, day habilitation, therapeutic recreation, advocacy, autism services, employment and psychological counseling.
In this position, you would have the opportunity to work in two different settings: a Group Home that serves up to 8 individuals (where you also have the assistance of 3 Medical Support Professionals), and an individualized supported living (ISL) location where the ratio is 1:1.
With this decreased census, you have the chance to form relationships with individuals and truly change their lives (and we think you’ll find that they’ll change yours as well).
Some of your responsibilities would include:
- Providing management and supervision of a Medically Fragile setting; making frequent checks in the assigned areas, making works assignments, inspecting and evaluating the work of subordinates, reviewing and instructing personnel in the treatment of individuals served; scheduling staff within the program sites.
- Observing, reporting, and assisting in recording changes in the physical, emotional, and behavioral status of persons served and documenting progress on the outcomes listed in personal plans.
- Supervising Licensed Practical Nurses and/or Registered Nurses and Direct Support Professional and preparing performance evaluations in accordance with established agency policy.
If all that doesn’t draw your attention, take a look at our excellent benefits package:
- A salary well above the Springfield, MO average for nurses
- Eligibility for Cox Medical Insurance after a 30-day waiting period
- Eligibility for Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after a 30-day waiting period
- Option to enroll in our 403(b) retirement plan with employer match up to 4% after a year of service
- Sick and vacation accrual as well as 6-paid holidays a year and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discounts on your phone bill if you use Verizon or AT&T
- Discounted Cox Fitness Center membership if you are Full-Time
- Paid Training
- Use of a fleet vehicle or paid mileage for using your vehicle
- Opportunities for advancement
The Arc of the Ozarks values you and the skills you bring to the table. We care about you as an individual, and want to give you the support you need to do what you love. Join our team today!
Minimum Experience Required: Diploma from an accredited high school or equivalent. One year experience providing medical care & treatment and habilitation in the human service field. Experience in the provision of medical care and treatment and habilitation to individuals who have other developmental disabilities and is a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse is preferred. Has demonstrated abilities to motivate and supervise others.