The Maintenance I is in a position of considerable responsibility which demands a variety of abilities. These abilities include but are not limited to repair and maintenance of group homes, ISLs, administrative facilities, and other Arc facilities. General remodeling, maintenance of roadways, parking lots and snow removal are included in these responsibilities. This individual may also be asked to drive a vehicle to transport clients or staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A knowledge of electrical, plumbing, heating, sheetrock, painting, cooling and carpentry. This may be measured by other jobs held and work required in those jobs and or certificates of training in the above mentioned areas.
- Experience as a maintenance person in a residential/commercial setting is helpful.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, lift, push, pull, and carry items weighing 75 pounds.
- A minimum of eighteen years of age and possession of a diploma from an accredited High School or the equivalent.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a Missouri Class E driver’s license
Minimum Experience and Training Qualifications
Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a maintenance person in a residential or other type of setting. Proven ability to complete maintenance projects in the past.