The receptionist provides clerical support for Administration which includes answering telephones, greeting guests, routing messages, operating various office machinery, filing and other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Function
- Answers telephone and route calls promptly; does not leave callers on "hold" and unattended for longer than 20 seconds.
- Greets visitors; notifies person(s) being visited.
- Checks mailboxes every morning; receives, sorts, date stamps, and promptly distributes mail.
- Maintains a constant stock of forms, agency brochures and office supplies.
- Handles incoming deliveries.
- And other related duties, as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has a courteous, efficient telephone manner; prompt routing of calls.
- Prompt and responsible forwarding of messages.
- Pleasant reception of visitors.
- Legible handwriting.
- Ability to follow through on work assignments.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Pleasant telephone voice.
- Courteous reception of visitors.
- Professional appearance: grooming and dress consistent with desired high corporate image.
- Prompt arrival and regular attendance at work.
- Pleasant and cooperative attitude with co-workers.
- Flexibility and diversity.
Be a minimum of eighteen years of age, possession of a diploma from an accredited high school or equivalent. Must have basic computer knowledge and have a minimum of 6 months experience.