The Office Coordinator position is responsible for assisting the Senior Accountant II in monitoring the personal spending of persons served in the program including all expenses in the Individualized Supported Living (ISL) program.
Work involves responsibility for accounting work in the recording and reporting of financial transactions and budgetary controls for assigned funds; reviewing and reconciling ISL accounting records, assisting with ISL budget development, completion of monthly billing for services, and maintaining tracking systems for ISL exception reporting, tracking personal plans ensuring current copy is on file, File incident reports, Track & file monthly manager check lists, distribute physician orders to the various departments.
The Program Services department supports individuals who have Developmental Disabilities, Mental Illness, and/or Autism Spectrum Disorders. These individuals have some form of Intellectual Disability/Developmental Disability as well as a Psychiatric/Behavioral Diagnosis/Medical Diagnosis. These individuals are prone to poor social, communication & academic skills, exhibiting impulsive behaviors, poor decision making, verbal/physical aggression and complications from physical/medical condition. While this is not a direct client service position it is important for the person in this position to be familiar with the support needs of the individuals served.
Supervision is received from the Senior Accountant II. However, the employee is expected to exercise independent judgment and initiative within the limit of established policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all of the tasks that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Manages the ISL accounts, Determines if funds are available and expenditures are properly classified; researches and analyzes transactions to resolve budget problems; provides analysis of available funds for clients at management request.
- Collects and files receipts for each transaction in accordance with DMH & Arc guidelines.
- Responsible for recording/tracking funds for specific items/purposes (NAFS).
- Prepare needed reviews and documentation for DMH client accounts.
- Audits client records to ensure that information is accurate and up to date. Provides reports to the Senior Accountant II on information needed in files.
- Attends and records and minutes from management team meetings.
- Coordinates with the budget coordinator to ensure funding is sufficient for consumer expenses.
- Actively engaged in monitoring client accounts available funds, communicating with necessary persons to resolve potential funding issues. Ensures that client accounts do not go negative.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work with and respect persons with intellectual challenges /developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices.
- Knowledge of non-profit financial administration, including budgeting, reporting and revenues.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing fiscal recordkeeping.
- Ability to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Ability to prepare a variety of reports and analyses.
- Maintain knowledge of Department of Mental Health (DMH) client account guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of computers (Windows, Microsoft Office)
- Professional appearance: grooming and dress consistent with professional image.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Pleasant, Cooperative, & Professional attitude with co-workers.
- Ability to follow through on work assignments.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- Ability to track multiple tasks effectively. .
- Ability to operate adding machine, copier computer, scanner, fax machine, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to stand, stoop, lift up to 50 lbs., and push & pull items.
Minimum Experience and Training Qualifications
1. Past experience maintaining statistical information.
2. Associates Degree in accounting or 3 years Bookkeeping/Accounting Experience.
3. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
4. Experience in accounting software preferred.